I thought that there would not be much to say in this blog entry but when I think about it a fair bit has been going on. There has been many stories, such as another running in with a cop, this time I was at fault driving the wrong side of an island however after 20 mins I managed to convince him that he was a nice guy and we were friends and he let me go.
Some very exciting news is that we have another nephew. His name is Eli and was born on the 27th of Feburary and I can't wait to see him.
Jon and Eli
I mentioned last month that we were about to move house. This we did.Most of my time this past month has been at the site where progress is happening with the building work.
This picture was taken 10 days ago...
...and this was taken this afternoon.This is the workshop area which we are building first in the hope that we can get a roof on before the rainy season.
This poor guy has been digging this whole for about 3 days with a hammer and chisel as the ground is mainly rock. It is for the pillars supporting the workshop roof. No steel toe caps-just bare feet!
This is also quite cool, a guy making pretty good quality scaffold boards from acoconut tree using a chainsaw.
Today we managed to get some cheddar cheese after about 3 months of searching for some-I originally didn't want to pay £9/kg from the guy down an alley who disappears off somewhere and comes back with a warm soft yellow lump, but after giving up finding some elsewhere I went back only to find the price had gone up and they would only sell me a 2.5kg lump and they didn't actually have any. I eventually got 2.5kg of fairly naff mild cheddar from a shop with a fridge for £22 but am very happy to have it. I don't want to think of the amazing cheese I could get in England for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you feel that you have something positive to share or you are overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of this blog you are welcome to add your comments below.