Although posts have been lacking over the last few days, this has not been due to power problems. Thankfully we still have power, although approximately 20 minutes after I wrote the last post the power went down again. Apparently this happened across the whole country and wasn't just our poor island this time. But it came back later that evening and is more or less still here despite the occasional black out. It is such a blessing to be able to use the washing machine and have the fridge on and use the oven and not have to switch it all off again to be able to pump water from the well; I can do it all at the same time! What a wonderful thing!
As our Swahili continues to progress we have been learning helpful Bible verses in the language. I was testing Rich on that well known verse John 14 v 6 and found that although he had done a good job, by accidentally switching just two letters, he had changed the meaning of the verse entirely and come up with some interesting theology at the same time. It went something like this:
'Jesus told them, I am the lime, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Grandfather except through me.'
Nearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you feel that you have something positive to share or you are overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of this blog you are welcome to add your comments below.