For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Phil 1 v 21)

Monday, May 31, 2010

Why??

A frequently asked, yet little answered question here is 'Why?'
-Why do people tie their cows at the side of the road with a long enough piece of rope that the cow can in fact cross to the other side of the road and block all the traffic with that piece of rope?
-Why, in this cash culture, does NO-ONE ever have any change?
-Why am I the lucky one if someone turns up to do their job in the custom's department at the post office, meaning I can collect my parcel rather than having to return AGAIN on a different day? Surely that's not luck. That's what he's supposed to be doing - it's his job!!

There are many more examples of the 'Why?' but one of my favourite's is from last week, when on returning home after our Friday morning meeting I found the kitchen in it's usual shiny condition after our house help had been. Strangely though the toaster was up side down. "Odd," thinks I, "that will just leave crumbs all over the work surface." However, on picking up the toaster I see that there are no crumbs and that the toaster is in fact fairly crumb free. On closer inspection I see that the inside of the toaster is rather shiny clean and has water droplets running down the sides. "Surely not!" I think, but the conclusion is rather clear. Our house help has washed up the toaster! 'WHY?!?'

2 comments:

  1. Why did the fundi dismatle our frideg and work on it for 7 hours (and eat 2 meals) and the NOT fix it and then ask for loads of money...WHY?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel that you have something positive to share or you are overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of this blog you are welcome to add your comments below.